June 24, 2013

Pregnancy update: 7 weeks

Happy Monday lovelies! I hope you all enjoyed a nice weekend!

I have decided to post a pregnancy update each week for my own memory recording (and for those of you who are interested to follow along also). If you are interested in doing the same, I found this format on the blog: Schue Love and have also modified it a little.

How far along? 7 weeks spot-on today!
Baby Size: A blueberry
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure on this one. My first weigh-in at the doctors office saw me at 56.1kgs
Maternity clothes?  No! Although I am favouring elastic waist bands - purely for comfort!
Stretch marks?  Not yet. Fingers crossed on this one... 
Sleep: Yep. Could sleep all day.
Symptoms: My skin has just started to break out :-(, tired!, I'm ace at peeing, a little moody at times, sore breasts, bloated, sore hips and occasionally sore pubic bone... Lucky me, I have done some research on this last one and it seems sore hips will be here to stay until the baby is born. I am finding relief from acupuncture, quick massages from Daniel and sleeping with a pillow between my legs. 
Best moment this week: Feeling pregnancy symptoms! These are such reassuring signs to us that things are progressing as they should. And, Daniel suggesting we take the plunge and buy a DSLR. I have wanted a great camera for a while so we have treated this as our first 'baby' purchase - we want to capture all of those great moments in beautiful photos come next year!
Have you told family and friends:  Have told my work supervisors, three close girlfriends and one of my sisters. Everyone else will be told when we hit the 'safe zone'.
Miss Anything?  Not really, although I did find myself wanting a glass of wine with Daniel the other night... I would never indulge but I was surprised by the craving!
Movement:  Not yet! Cannot wait though!
Food cravings: Hot cocoa has been a consistent one but I have rarely indulged until I check with our OB. I have also found bananas, porridge, milk (usually smoothies), apples and cheese to be amazing!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  The smell of Asian food :-(, anything deep fried, talk of dried fish at dinner the other night with friends. 
Have you started to show yet: No but I'm looking forward to it!
Gender prediction:  Standing firm on the girl prediction. Daniel is remaining undecided.
Labor Signs: Hell no.
Belly Button in or out? In. I have an extreme 'in' belly button so this one will be interesting!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: A definite combination of both. Earlier on in the pregnancy I was very happy all the time but this week I have gradually become moodier! Poor Daniel!
Looking forward to: Our first  OB appointment and ultrasound NEXT week!! Fingers, toes and everything else crossed that it goes well... 





Sorry for the iPhone picture... Better photos to come as I practice on our new DSLR! Not much to show just yet and what you can see is probably pregnancy bloat!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so excited for you, darling!!!! HUGE congrats:) Aww....hope you and your sweet little baby-blueberry will have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! It is very exciting :-) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm still off indian food, seafood and fried food too! Skin breakouts should calm down once you are in your second trimester. Looking forward to the DSLR photos! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, seafood does not sound great to me either. The smell of salmon cooking last night made me feel pretty awful but I still managed to eat it! The camera is still in the box!! It's on the agenda for tomorrow though... need to get an SD card so we can have some fun with our new gadget. x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting Daniel and I. I love hearing from you! Sal x

p.s. Own your words Anonymous.